I am an experienced and pragmatic Solution / Enterprise Architect with a broad range of skills and a deep technology and infrastructure background. I have designed and help implement systems in a wide range of industries that address complex business problems and deliver value. I have also provide guidance and strategic support for organizations across a number of technical disciplines.
If you are interested in more detail I have a complete, current online resume here.
What I focus on
There are a few, general areas that I have focused on from a technical perspective. They include:
- Cloud Solutions and Technologies, specifically within the Microsoft Azure platform;
- Service Orientated Architectures; and
- Identity and Access Management.
I am, however, always investigating and learning new things and I try and post about them on my blog.
What I do
I work as a technical specialist through the entire project life cycle and have had experience with:
- Solution visioning and architectures to support the project initiation phases
- Business and technical requirement definition
- Conceptual and Logical Solution design activities
- Implementation planning and road maps
- Prototyping and proof of concept solutions to prove capability within an organizational context.
I also blend my technical knowledge with strong experience with common business capabilities, including:
- Case and Client Management practices
- Record Keeping and Document Management practices
- Human Resources
- Information Management practices
Where I’ve worked
I’ve worked closely with technical and non-technical professionals across a wide variety of industries including:
- Government (Education, Social Services, Justice, Medical);
- Entertainment; and
My other interests
Apart from work I also occasionally write technical articles, develop software and play games. I also like hiking and exploring.